Welcome to the Fall Blog Hop
and Nonna's Scraps!
I love fall! The colors, the feel and smell of the air---and of course, football! Have to admit that football is a favorite only because I get extra craft time while the guys hoot and holler! On to the project.....
The inspiration piece for this piece was the charger plate; found on sale a Michael's for under a dollar! I came home thought, what am I going to do? So my little Gypsy girl came to the rexcue, I found some fall leaves and petals in Gypsy Wanderings...and off my mind went. Truthfully, it just grew from there. The monogram was really a very last minute add, but I like the effect. Unfortunately,
my G died before I could photograph the steps. So, today's post is not my usual picture fest. I am sorry. If you do not have a Gypsy feel free to use any type of 5-7 petal flower, leaves on a stem or oak leaf!
2 sheets each---gold, deep red, orange, lt. brown, olive green
1-Plastic Charger plate
Stickles : Distress gold
Imaginisce: I-Top with small brads
Imaginisce:I-Top small punch
Imaginisce Petal Roller
Tim Holtz Distress ink: Antique linen,Wild Honey and Vintage Photo
Cook temp glue-gun
small, flat brads
1. Flowers (choose a daisy shape with approx. 6 petals) cut:
Gold: 2 @ 2.5, 6 @ 1.75, 6 @ 1.5, 6 @ 1
Deep red: 2 @ 2.5, 6 @ 1.75, 6 @ 1
2. Leaves (choose leaves w/ stem)--from the olive green cut 8 @ 3, 3 @ 2.5 long
3. Oak leaves-- from orange and light brown, cut 5 each color.
4. Ink cuts:
Leaves: begin with darkest color at edge, move progressively more toward center with each color,
going from lightest to darkest. Stems should be the darkest.
Flowers: Use the lightest color and repeat as desired, moving from outer edge towards center of
5. Assemble the flowers: using the ball end of the tool, "roll" each flower at the center by moving the ball in circles on the paper. The petals will seem to soften and bloom. Roll the petals over the tool handle to the back of the flower. Layer 4-6 different size cuts, matching center. Punch a hole in the center and insert a brad to hold flower together.
6. Repeat step 5 with the leaves.
7. From purple, punch covers for I-top brads. Cover per tool instructions. Ink edges. Trim brad wings.
8. Cut 6" Monogram from Vinyl (or use print and cut on Imagine.) Center on plate.
9. Arrange flowers around rim of plate. Glue with glue gun. Add leaves. Pop dot I-top brads to plate.
10. Accent with Stickles in centers of flowers (over brads) and as swirls on plate.
*Hint: Keep all elements in odd numbers!
Display and enjoy!
While you are here, I invite you to become a follower and leave a comment. Next weekend I will "treat" one lucky person who has commented and joined my followers to a surprise!
Now back to the hop!
Jen from http://3catsandabug.blogspot.com
Lori from www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com
Jeannie from http://nonnasscraps.blogspot.com/ (You are here!)
Audrey from http://cuteandsome.blogspot.com/
Kymberlee from http://www.thepapermidwife.com/
Allison from http://goodybagdiva.blogspot.com/
Kelly from http://www.kamscraftyplace.blogspot.com
Debbie from http://debseclecticthoughts.blogspot.com/
Carole from http://www.onmycraftroomwall.blogspot.com/
Kate from http://sassyandscrappykate.blogspot.com/
Amylynne from http://www.amysscrappyspace.blogspot.com
Mila - M&M from http://milamemories.blogspot.com/
Dayna Sabrina from http://sabrioletdesigns.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth from http://www.217creations.com/
I hope that you have had a great visit---come back to see me again soon!