My 4 year old grandson is starting preschool this year; that deserves a special card!
Letter Delights Graphics: Class Act Supplies
A home Printer
In Make the Cut Software:
- Open the back pack graphic. Size to 4". Trace it as an outline. Duplicate for a total of 3. Name this layer "Bakpak". Add registration marks.
- Add a layer; name it "name". Type a name, fill it and position it on the back pack. Print.
- Move one image/tracing from the first layer to its own layer. Name this layer "mat". Add a shadow.
- Fill this layer with a texture of choice. I found my ABC graphic in Yahoo. Be aware of copy-write laws, however. Add registration marks.
- Hide"name and Bakpak". Print this layer
- Duplicate the mat and move the duplicate to a separate layer.
- Name this layer "card". Rotate the image 90 degrees clockwise.
- Fill the shape with white and toggle on the fill/outline feature.
- Add a shadow 0.32. Be sure it is a blackout. Delete the first image/tracing.
- Duplicate the shadow; align at top.
- Vertical Mirror. Be sure that the tops just touch.
- Add a small square from basic shapes.
- Weld shapes together.
- One at a time, un-hide each layer (except name--it is print only). Send to Sihouette and cut.
- Accent the stitches with the Glaze pen. Layer the 2 back packs. Add a brad to the button site. Shade if desired (I used Copics).
- Fold card in half. Add mat. Add stitching around mat.
- Pop dot the back pack to the mat
- Stickle the name.
- Add sentiment on the inside: "Packing off to school? Cool! Have a great year!"
If you are interested in Make-the-Cut software:
For more information on Lettering Delights link through my site!
Until next time! Keep sorting those scraps!