Good morning! I hope that your weekend is wonderful! It is my last weekend of summer break and I am already missing my free time! I know that I'll be doing a whole lot more with my Ipad simply because it will be so very convenient. Today I created a card to welcome home some friends recently deployed to Afghanistan.
Using Coolibah on the Ipad create the layout from the "Freedom" pack.
You will then recreate the following pages:
- background (blue)
- background (red stripe)
- motif (on contrasting background)
Save all images to photo roll and export to home computer via Dropbox, etc.
Open each file in the Silhouette Studio Software
- Size each "page" 46% and save. (Approximately 6.5 x 4.5")
Open the background (blue).
- draw a cutting box around the shape. Be sure that the cutting line is engaged around the outer margin..
Open the background (red stripe)
- Draw circles as illustrated.
- The large circle is 4", the small 1".
- These will be cut from the strip, it is moved so that you can see the circles!
- Open the motif (on black background.
- Select the Trace area and trace around the motif, eliminating as much of the black as possible.
- When the image is "yellowed," select the "Trace" feature.
- Be sure to "print registration marks."
- Send to printer.
- Send to Silhouette. Select Detect registration marks. Cut per paper.
This is what is cut away:
With all parts cut, this is what you have:
Create a background card of 6.5 x 9". Fold to create card 6.5 x 4.5".
Assemble as per picture. The stars are buttons with shanks removed. The twine is crochet cotton. Stickle liberally! I hope that you have enjoyed another way to introduce your toys to one another! Until next time....