Some days, you just need something different. The scroll flower is simply a dingbat from a set of TTF. Really! (Would I kid you?) MTC makes it so easy to expand my creativity with the unexpected.
Make the Cut Software
Dingbat: "In Your Garden" from Dingbatdepot
Paper: "Forget Me Not" from Lettering Delights
Font: Palatine Linotype
I - rock and metallic gems
- Download the desire Dingbat.
- Save to a folder on your computer (in MTC it is not necessary to load the font into Windows.
- Open the MTC (or similar) software.
- On the menu bar:
- Select the circled button. This will allow you to navigate to the folder where your Dingbat is stored.
- Double click on the Dingbat. This will temporarily load the "font" into MTC.
- Select the desired glyph (blue shape) and double click on it.
- Size your dingbat as desired.
- Select the entire shape. Choose : Shape Magic: Break
- Create a shadow layer. Select the image and click on the shadow button.
- Color the different parts of the cut in shades of the same papers--darkest to lightest.
- I then printed the sentiment to coordinate:
I hope you enjoyed your visit!