Duck Tape to the Rescue!

I recently wanted to add lettering to some ornaments, but could not find the vinyl desired locally. I had silver, but not gold...But I did find Duck Tape.

Yup, the Duck tape is on a roll! But it was PERFECT! The ornaments were glittered from Wal-mart--done! And the stuff with the blue squares...that is the clear contact paper from Dollar Tree, Magic Cover. It is wonderful stuff! I tried placing the gold tape on a strip of the Magic Cover (front and back). What a mess! Out of desperation I pulled a strip of the backing (not the clear) from the Magic Cover out of the trash. Printed side to the mat; duct tape on glossy side. And then I cut....



Perfect! And the weeding was so simple! And, to my surprise, my Cricut Explore was all set to cut Duck Tape! 
1. Turn the settings knob to CUSTOM.
2. On screen (Settings) scroll down to Duck Tape. 

Perfect cuts! Couldn't be easier. 

Oh, and did I tell you that the backing strip is totally reusable! Ask me how I know......

So in love with my Explore and its potential. Wishing you many creative moments! Until next time....



Comments

  1. Wow! These are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing. Were the ornaments already glittered or did you have to glitter them yourself? I'd love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was BRILLIANT! I need to know what font you used. I LOVE that "J"! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts