Calibrate the hoop!
It is not hard, so let's do it together!
1. Grab your ASQ 22 hoop, The plastic template and a scrap quilt sandwich. Hoop the sandwich as if you were going to quilt. Be sure the blue arrow points to the top of the hoop.
2. Set up your machine for embroidery, with the arm open.
3. Select "set" at the lower margin of your machine screen:
3. Choose the embroidery mode (with the blue base):
4. Scroll until you see this screen:
5. Attach the hoop to the embroidery unit.
Note: for the next steps I have removed the foot for better visualization.6. Under Hoop Calibration, select Yes. The screen will now change to the default hoop:
7. Select the small icon of the hoop next to the hoop's name.
8. Scroll to and choose the ASQ 22 hoop. Select it.
Caution! If my cousin (your machine) says to raise your needle, do so with the fly wheel very slowly! Broken needles hurt!9. Using the arrow keys, move the needle until it is centered over the hole.
That's more like it!10. Select OK.
This should help getting those designs right in the dead center, so you can accurately fill each and every block. I am back to hanging with my hoops!