Teacher's Gift meet Easel!

Happy Holidays! Today I am guest designer at BugBytes. Come on over! 

Last year I gifted all of my fellow teachers with Post-it Note holders. They not only loved them then, but have asked me repeatedly for the same gift this year. I saw a photo of an easel holder somewhere (sorry...old age!) and it has been at the forefront of my thoughts. Voila! Teacher's gift meet easel!


Cardstock:
Base rectangle: 8 1/2" x 3 1/4" (brown)
Front mat: 3 3/4" x 3" (red)
Front: 3 1/2 x 2 3/4" (brown)
Inside mat: 3 1/4" square (red)
Ribbon
3 1/4" (approx) Post-it notes
miniature pen
paper doily (Wilton from Michaels)
decorative cut (wreath from Lettering Delights)

  • Prepare the 8 1/2" x 3 1/4" rectangle. Along the long edge score at the following increments: 2", 4". 4 1/2". (These lines are indicated by "fold" on the photo.) 


  • Fold 1 1/2" of ribbon in half. Center on the back of the inside mat (3 1/4" square). Glue inner mat onto backing as indicated above by "Post-it Notes".


  • Fold as pictured above. This is the inside of the holder. Glue the Post-it notes to the red mat.
  • Complete front by layering the front mats. Glue the layered mats to the lower half of the front. 
  • The easel sits behind the notes. 


  • Slide the miniature pen into the ribbon holder and gift! 
I hope you enjoy making this as much as I did! I do not want to forget that the background paper in my main photo is from ScrapGirls Christmas Candy collection. Check out their amazing digital Holiday Collections...and happy holidays to all!





Comments

Popular Posts