Happy National Make a Card Day!

This morning I had an email that intrigued me....Digital cards...complete with templates!!! Fast, oh yes! Intrigued, I had to try and here is the result:


Okay, I didn't stay TOTALLY digital, going a bit hybrid on the leaves, but it did come from the same digital kit! 

Sweet Kindness Card Template
Fall Fantasy paper pack
both available from ScrapGirls
Off-white cardstock
Precious Pearls Metallic
Antique Photo Distress ink
Make the Cut Software
Zing cutting machine
Photoshop Elements Software
Assorted glues

  1. I first created the card in PSE Fall Fantasy paper Pack and Sweet Kindness "Thank You" Card. I would love to tell you how I did it, but this is truly my first PSE project using clipping. Thank goodness for Google Search!
  2. I created the leaf spray from the Fall Fantasy embellishment pack, added the button and sized appropriately.
  3. Next, I added the phrase from the Fall Fantasy word art pack. I added a shadow in PSE. 
  4. To print I "turned off" the embellishment layers and simply printed the card. I positioned it at one end of my 8.5 x 11" paper so that I could cut the 4.25 x 5.5" (finished) card from one sheet. 
  5. Next I "turned off" all layers EXCEPT the embellishment layers. I duplicated the button for a total of 3 and separated the buttons. I saved this image as embellish.jpg.
  6. I then imported embellish.jpg into Make the Cut. I traced it to create a print and cut of the 3 leaves and the 3 buttons. 
  7. After my Zing cut the images, I rolled the leaves to give them some shape. I stacked the layers of the buttons for depth. 
  8. I applied the metallic Perfect Pearls to the Word Art and the button. 
  9. Final assembly was quick....just add the leaves and button. Stamp a sentiment. 
Done! And I am soooo happy with this Card, made today! 







Comments

Popular Posts