Dictionary Details

Hi all! I hope you are having a wonderful day. 
I am guest designer at She's a Sassy Lady today. Why don't you stop by and visit?

Father's Day is just around the corner. I don't know about you, but I think finding "guy" sentiments or stamps is tough! So, I have resorted to another source, the dictionary!
This card just screamed, "Classic!" to me (that describes my husband to a T!) 
Here's what I found in Merriam Webster's on-line dictionary:

a : serving as a standard of excellence : 
of recognized value<classic literary works>

b : traditionalenduring <classic designs>

c : characterized by simple tailored lines 

in fashion year after year <a classic suit>

Woo hoo! Letter A is perfect! So, off to print using my home computer. 



  • I first opened Microsoft Word 2010. (A similar word processing or graphic program can be used.)
  • I then set my page margins :
    • Select Page Layout: Margins


    • Select "Custom" margin; set values to "3"


  • In the Word Document, I typed my text. (see the specifics for this card below) and set the justification to centered. I also chose the color for my text at this time.
  • Select Insert: Shapes

  • I wanted to print on a circle, sized 3 x 3", so I selected a circle and adjusted the size.


  • I then sent the Word Document to the my home printer. (Hint: Note which is the "leading edge" or the one that exits the printer first. This edge will go into the printer first in a later step.)
  • I gathered the shape to be printed upon, the printed sentiment sheet and either temporary glue stick or blue painter's tape ( Don't know why I got the glue stick--- I really prefer tape.)


  • I adhered the cut to to the paper, using the printed shape as a guide. I made sure that the "leading edge" was securely adhered to the paper.

  • I returned to my Word document and deleted the MS Word shape, so that all I  print is the sentiment.

  • I then sent the document a second time to the printer. Hint: Be sure you know which side will be printed and send the leading edge into the printer first.)
  • Voila! I had a perfect sentiment printed in the perfect place!

  • Specific ingredients for my card:
    • Mojo Monday Sketch 235 April 2, 2012, Sketch by Teresa Kline
    • Lettering Delights digital papers: Generations and Heritage
    • Font: Traveling Typewriter
    • Google search for antique car silhouette image (converted in MTC software)

This is a great way to print to any cut, making use of all of the TTF that are available from so many sources!

Thanks for stopping by! 




Comments

  1. Love your card, so manly and I love your tutorial on word... I never thought of doing that and it sure would make life easier! Thank for sharing this with us today at She's A Sassy Lady.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts