Web Wednesday and Mojo Monday Challenge #237

Sorry that I am a little late...but it is still Wednesday and this is a  web based challenge (hey, it works for Web Wednesday)!

 I am often challenged by challenges. Don't get me wrong...they are fun and I always learn something new. I get excited, get my ideas together and that is it; finished project after the deadline. But when I saw this design by Mary Fish at Mojo Monday, I knew I had to do it...and I did before the deadline! The photo does not do the depth of the flowers justice; they are glued to acetate and then pop-dotted to the background. There really are shadows!

And don't you just love the stamp? It was the inspiration for the whole card! Thanks My Thoughts Exactly!

Digital papers: Design House Digitals Gidget by Gennifer Bursett
My Thoughts Exactly Stamps "More Big Thoughts"
Epiphany Crafts Round 14 Shape Studio and Shapes
Acetate the size of the plaid rectangle
Ice Stickles
Files for card created in MTC 

Finished size of card is 4.25 x 5.5.  
The flowers are created from the basic oval shape in the MTC Gallery. I created 8, 4 at 1" and 4 at .7". 
The edges of all items are inked. Roll the petals of the flowers. 
Assemble all parts of the card, except the flowers and acetate. 
Glue the flowers to the acetate in the pattern matching the round circles on the layout. Place pop-dots behind the flowers and position on the (plaid) rectangle. 

I hope that you check out the great ideas at Mojo Monday and at My Thoughts Exactly. 


Comments

  1. This is gorgeous Jeannie! I love the flowers and the colors, just beautiful :D And that sentiment looks perfect ;)

    <3 Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the detail and the colors are yummy. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Jeannie! The color combination and the details are very nice and go so well together!

    Thanks for your sweet comment over at SASL... and glad to hear it provided "comfort food" [smile]... thanks for letting me know, it made my day and it made me remember that we have similar memories, I actually have a picture of me wearing a dress my Mom made that has rick rack.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts