Dazzling Reflections, Mymemories and Cricut Explore

Happy Christmas season! Christmas cards (check), decorations (check), tags (check)---on to the new stuff!

Are you familiar with Dazzling Reflections Kaleidoscope Maker from Poppy Hill designs?

Although this is a PC program, it functions very well under parallels on my Mac. Use the program is quite simple. It requires I choose a photo, choose a kaleidoscope template and position the photo to create a pleasing effect in the template. 

Something a little different to decorate this card for a special guy....



I started with an embellishment from MyMemories' 1920's Collection (left column) and the last template on the right. I then positioned the embellishment in the template according to the great directions with the software and the look I liked best. (To the left is the embellishment, the right is the template.) That is it for design!



I then selected "export", chose a file size and type. To use in Design Space I prefer PNG. 

Enter "Design Space." I logged into my account and selected "New File." 

Select UPLOAD IMAGE. I keep the two straight by associating "upload" with something that is not already in the Design Space. 


Because the file was saved as a graphic (picture), I choose BASIC UPLOAD. 


Now, to find the image on my computer (did I say to write down the file's location?)


Select BROWSE to find the file.



Yeah! Found it! Select the file and click on CONTINUE to bring the graphic into design space.


 Select COMPLEX IMAGE to trace and create a file that can then be cut. Select the GREEN button at the lower right screen to continue. 


Again, the screen changes. Because I saved the kaleidoscope as a PNG file the background is transparent. Not much clean-up at all! Continue to Step 3. 


Yeah! There is my file, in the cue at the far left. When I am ready to cut the file, I will select it and send it to my Explore. 

Supplies used in this project: 
Dazzling Reflections Software
MyMemeries' 1920's Digital media
Cricut Design Space
Cricut Explore
Copic Spica Clear Pen (highlights)
iRock Heat Set brads

Until next time.....









Comments

Popular Posts