Borders and Quiltography

Hi, all! Again it has been awhile. Lots of completed projects....not too many quite, though. Hubby and I have been on vacation so in the airports I have entertained myself with Quiltography. Good fun!

Borders are so simple, once you get the hang if them. Would like to share my "hang" with you now!

📌I start by creating a block. Am a creature of habit and like my borders 6" total. Block size : 6".




📌Next I fill the block. Wider border is one color....



Sashing is 1" of a different color. I save as "6inchtotal."


📌Now for the corner blocks. All I need to make it look as though the Sashing travels around the quilt is a singe 1" square. Named this one.....6inchcorner!


📌The fun part...designing my quilt. I love the fact that I can create blocks cut able with my Accuquilt. I have most of the bits to create 12" blocks, so that is what I make. After creating my layout center I turn on my border. It just so happens that these border blocks are half the size of my main blocks----or 6".


📌I added the center blocks and arranged them.

📌Finally, I added the blocks named 6inchtotal. Arranging them so that the Sashing strip lay next to the quilt was easy.
✏️I added the blocks.
✏️While flashing, I tap the 🔁 curved arrow until the Sashing is on the
correct side.
✏️Added the corners. Turned until yellow square followed the Sashing
strip.




And the final edition.....



Until next time!
Jeannie
Nonna's Scraps
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts