Next, I setup my sweet GIgiGo Accuquilt cutter. From each of the fat quarters, I cut 3 1/2" strips. I cut as many as I could because I really did not know what I was doing!
Ah ha! A plan started to evolve. I strip pieced 9 patch blocks. I ended up with 12.
Those done, I got a little "brave". I pulled a die that had just been sitting in the bin. I bought it because I NEEDED it, but had never used it. Today was the day. The die would cut four 4 1/2" squares from a piece of fabric--or my 9 patch. So, I loaded each 9 patch, and happily rolled them through my Go. Wait, these make a disappearing 9 patch! Yes!
I had several strips left. Because I didn't want to waste the fabric I pieced the border. The final top is approximately 30 x 38". It is bright, it is busy, but I like it! And the best part---it took less than 4 hours to piece from the moment I started choosing my fabric! No so bad, for being "mad!"
6 Fat quarters
Accuquilt die #55060
Accuquilt die #55032