Warm Wishes!

I am excited to be back on BugBytes as guest designer today. Hop on over and visit with us!
I just love fall colors! The chill of the air, the warmth of the sun and the richness of the colors brings warm wishes from nature into my life. That said, making fall cards makes me happy! 


This card was actually inspired by an embossing folder found at Hobby Lobby. It is their own brand
and works beautifully! Plus, it wasn't that expensive with my coupon. :-) 


After I returned home I started creating the card that I saw in my mind. I knew it had to be Kaleidescopes from Kaleidescope Kreator. I found a fall photo in my "scraps" and went to town. 


4.25 x 11" card base (I used brown)
6" square of a fall color
6 x 11" rectangle of a fall color
Hobby Lobby embossing folder: Fall leaves
Cuttlebug embossing folder: Swirls
Embossing machine
a fall photo
Distress Antique Photo Ink
White cardstock 
Home Printer
Make the Cut software
Zing
I Rock heat set tool
Rhinestones
Ribbon
Assorted glue

I first created one kaleidescope in KK 3 and saved it as a JPG image. The image used is a fall leaf image found on Google. 

The next is familiar to MTC users...Import: Pixel trace into MTC. I have had the greatest success using the technique found here

In addition, I added a .03 shadow around the largest kaleidescope and saved it as a seperate file.

When the tracings were complete, I duplicated the kaleidescope for a total of 3.  I sized the Kaleidescopes at 3", 2.75 and 2.5". 


Okay, I have to admit...even though I saw the card in my mind it developed before my eyes!
When I picked the paper to coordinate with the kaleidescopes it was by trial and error.Should I use this set?


Or this one?


I like the way the papers make the kaleidescopes pop!

From the green I cut the mat for the largest Kaleidescope and a 4.2 x 5.4" rectangular mat. From the orange I cut a rectangular mat to which a welded spirals found in the MTC gallery. I apologize that I cannot locate the creator's number. 

I matted the rectangle/square for the most efficient cutting and arranged the shapes on a 12" sq. mat.


Well, you can almost see the cut images. My Zing did a wonderful job with the tiny swirls---so happy!


See:


I then ran the orange through my Cuttlebug with the Fall leaves embossing folder.



I ran the green through using the swirls folder. I then lightly inked the tops of the paper with Distress Antique Photo ink to give some dimension. 


I stacked the kaleidescopes using pop dots.


I tied a ribbon around the orange mat, layered the front of the card and added the stacked kaleidescope. To finish it I added I rock heat set gems. The sentiment reads, "Warm wishes coming your way!"

Thanks for visiting...hoping warm wishes will be coming your way today!







Comments

  1. Beautiful colours and love the flower:-)

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts