Warm Wishes to All!



The weather here turned cool, so my thoughts went to Christmas! And for my designs I went straight to Lettering Delights. This hat is from the Nordic Christmas collection and it is just too cute! If you are curious, check out LD by clicking on the link to the left (I get the credit for sending you!) You won't be disappointed!

  • Silhouette SD (cutter that interfaces with software)
  • Software to import SVG files (Silhouette Studio Designer, MTC or SCAL)
  • Nordic Christmas Collection: stocking cap and holly
  • Assortment of papers: deep red, lighter red, deep green
  • Yarn (I found mine at Wal-Mart!)
  • Souffle pens
  • Distress ink: Antique Linen
  • I-top and brads (size to fit hat)
  • I-rock and 2 metallic gems
  • Assorted glues.

1. Open the hat in your software. Size accordingly. Create a blackout shadow layer of the hat base.
2. Omit the hat's solid band and the pom-pom layer. Omit holly berry from holly.
3. Cut according to colors: deep red hat layer, lighter red bands (2), Green shadow and holly leaves.
4. Ink all edges.
5. Weave yarn through the hat band. Glue to back at short ends. Let dry and trim. Glue to red hat layer.
6. Using a square of paper to match band and your I-top stencil, cut and cover a brad. Cut a small hole in one side of the red hat and insert the brad.
7. Glue deep red hat layer to green Shadow.
8. Draw stitching lines with Souffle pens.
9. Add holly leaves.
10. Add I-rock metallic brads to accent holly and pom-pom.
11. Stamp with desired sentiment. (Pink by Design has a set of stamps that include, " Warm holiday wishes for a COZY holiday!" )

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you have a wonderful week and find yourself relaxing and scrapping soon!

Until next time,

Comments

Popular Posts