This Girl Gotta Quilt!


Sometimes, I just need a quilting day! Especially, when it has been awhile since anything went on the longarm. I so love Tillie, my #janome QMP 20! This fabric from my local quilt shop made me happy when I saw it and it was what I needed now! 

 Life often gets in the way of quilting. When I NEED to quilt it makes sense to pull out a book from Fabric Cafe and start planning. I needed to make this into the quilt "Panache". 

Click me to go to the website!

A day of piecing and cutting and this baby was on my frame! Love, love, love how I can get these quilts done! 

The combination of colors and the relaxation of the piecing make me one happy girl! And what makes me even happier is when the perfect quilting edge to edge design is found!  (Love, love, love My Creative Stitches sales!) Look closely at the darker fabric.  Do you see the fireflies? They will be "dancing" over the entire top of this quilt! The hardest part my process is choosing the thread color! Often, I play the frugal card. But usually it is because I need to quilt now and don't want to wait for mail order delay,  Since this girl gotta quilt, off to see what I have.......

Despite my love of Glide, I picked an Omni thread in a golden color. It seemed to give the best blend overall, but also light up the fireflies. They really did look like they were flitting to and fro! 


With my "I have to quilt" need, finishing this quilt only took a couple of days. Getting photos, however too wayyy longer! (Trust me on that!)

I do love this quilt! It  simply makes me smile. I did make the borders a little wider than called for, so it is slightly larger than the usual Fabric Cafe 3 yard quilt. And that is what was needed!  Now, I need another cup of coffee! 




Until next time! 



Comments

Popular Posts