Chisels and Triangles...A Scrapbuster!

Happy Monday! I was considering my newest project using the Accuquilt chisel die. Looking through the Quiltography library I found this block:



It is called "Twin Sisters." Even though it is shown as blocks, the overall impression is of chisels and triangles.



Do you see it? So exciting! This would be my next project.

I then colored the blocks in the basic colors I planned to use in this scrappy quilt--green, red and off white. With a little twisting and turning of the blocks I had this layout...

I pulled the fabrics from my stash (sorry, I've lost the photos) and went to town. Each piece went together so easily and perfectly! Look closely at the blocks. Even though it is a single block, half are mirrored. I had to allow for this when cutting my fabrics.

First triangle to chisel....



Then, two together...


Finally, the block complete....


Note the center rosette to keep bulk to a minimum!

I placed blocks 5 across and 6 down. The top (without borders) measured 40 x 48" as each block squared to 8 1/2". I added borders and voila! I love it!





Accuquilt Go Chisels #55039
Go Half square triangles #55009
For quilt body: a minimum of 5 different fat quarters in each color (red, green and white) 


Comments

Popular Posts