38 years and counting!

I am so excited to be with you today. Thirty-eight years ago I married my best friend and the love of my life. It seems impossible that it has been that long ago! He saves all of the cards that I make for him...and he is my biggest fan! So for him, I made this card:


It was a little different technique and that is what I would like to share with you today!
All of the layers of the card are textured! And those textures start with this 
tissue paper found at Michaels.

My card:
Couple silhouette found on Google
Make the Cut software
Appropriate cutter
iRock hot fix metal brads
i Rock tool
Ribbon
Xyron 5" adhesive
Cardstock for 4.25 x 5.5" card
desired sentiment stamps

For each textured layer:
tissue paper
Xyron 5" adhesive
card stock 

Actually, the start of this project was with an accidental find of this video from Xyron on You Tube:


I actually texturized my card stock and then cut it with my Zing. I decreased the pressure and cut 2 times---gorgeous! Look closely at the texture!


I assembled the card and then stamped it with this sentiment:
"Love you and all that you bring to my life everyday!"
( I believe this is a Recollections stamp...sorry I do not have the 
info any longer.)

I hope that you have discovered another way to add dimension to your crafts!



Comments

  1. What a great idea to use tissue paper!!! :) Your husband will love it!

    Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

    Thanks for sharing (so nice of you to take the time to show us the technique),

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary ... and the card is beautiful. Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts