How do you keep track of unfinished longarm bobbins? My hack......

 I was recently asked how I keep track of my unused long arm bobbins. My method is pretty simple actually....

1. Get a bobbin box that fits your bobbins. I think I purchased mine from Amazon. My bobbins are size M...at least I think they are! 

Bobbin Box

2. Using a fine line Sharpie Marker write the name of the tread and its color number on the flat side of the bobbin. This makes matching so much easier when I've wound too many bobbins and want to use the cone of thread again! In the image I used "G" to designate "Glide thread" and the color number follows. 

Bobbins, labeled
3. Finally, when I have emptied the bobbin, I "erase" the writing by using a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel or an alcohol wipe (purchased in most pharmacies or big box pharmacies). I let it dry and it is good to go for totally different thread! 

I hope this helps you keep track of your bobbins, too! 




Comments

Popular Posts