Hi all! Welcome to my blog. While you are here, I am guest on BugBytes today as well. Join us there for great ideas!
I was in the process of getting ready for Halloween and I realized that I really could use a few more decorations. Bring on the paper and the cutter!
Make the Cut Software
Lettering Delights: Halloween Shapes and DB Jackopatterns
6 x 12" rectangle of black cardstock
6 x 12" rectangle of orange cardstock
Glue of choice
battery operated tea light
fluted votive holder (reflects really well!)
- Start with a basic square (MTC: Basic Shapes). Size to 2.5" sq.
- Create an Inset shadow @ 0.295". Join the two shapes to create a frame.
- Duplicate the frame for a total of 4. Set the distance to -0.1 (This allows for minimal overlap.)
- Weld the shapes together.
- Create a tab for closure (so that your sconce becomes a square shape). Begin with a basic square and size to .25 w x 2.5" H.
- Add to one end and overlap slightly. Align : bottom. Weld together.
- Open a pumpkin shape. Size as indicated.
- Load DB Jackopatterns into the MTC software. Select the glyph that is preferred and drag to mat. Size as indicated.
- Position the "face" on the pumpkin. Select "join". Align : vertical.
- Duplicate for a total of 5 faces. Move one to the side.
- Position four "faces" on the four frames. Align all at the bottom of the strip--note the red arrows. Weld.
- Select the single "face". Duplicate for a total of four.
- Arrange on mat so that the four pumpkin faces (upper) will cut from the orange strip and the lower strip cuts from black.
- When the strip is cut score at the arrows (every 2.5"). The double arrow will be .25" from the cut edge. Fold on score lines.
- Outline the orange pumpkin faces with Stickles. Take care that the pumpkin faces will align those on the black strip! When dry, glue in place on black strip.
- Glue the tab to the inside.
- Add candle and enjoy!
Word of caution: paper is flammable! Use only battery operated candles.