Make the Cut or similar software
Lettering Delights' "Sweet Travels" Graphics and Digital papers
A swing card base
"Traveling Typewriter" TTF from DaFont
My Thoughts Exactly "More Mini Thoughts" Stamps
I rock heat set metal ornaments
Assorted glue/pop dots
- Import the Graphics of choice into MTC software: the balloon and suitcases. (I found it helpful to size the graphics in Photoshop Elements first.) Trace the graphic for Print and Cut. Size will depend on your mat.
- Create the swing card according to the directions found on the "Card Making Magic" site or download my basic swing card:
- MTC format
- SVG format
- Cutting directions are included with MTC image:
- Cut one base layer(1)and swing(3) from solid cardstock.
- Hide swing(3); print shadow layer (2) from paper of choice. Cut shadow layer (2) and swing (3).
- Print and cut only mats (4, 5)
- Before you cut one shadow layer (2) type the greeting: "Oh the places you will go!" (Dr. Seuss) using "Traveling Typewriter TTF" . Have font conform to path (shape) of the mat--in MTC that is CTRL while Left mouse holding and moving font. Repeat the phrase two times.
- Ink edges of cuts before assembly.
- Glue all elements to card base. Pop dot balloon.
- On inside of swing, stamp sentiment.
- Add I rock embellishments. Add Glaze pen to handles of suitcases.
Hope you have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by!