There are times I simply want an art-deco feel to my project and I have no cart that satisfies me. Fonts offer the perfect solution to my dilemma---even the symbols! So, grab your Gypsy and make those fonts do more!
1. Gather the scraps!
- Card base (5.5 x 9 “) Background (6 x 6”)
- Coordinating stock for card and border
- Decorative cut (6 x 6”)
2. Get ready!
- Size finished motif to 3” and cut from 6 x 6” piece of paper. Embellish with glitter.
- Decrease size of motif to 1”. Copy and Paste for a total of 4. Position in a straight line, using the 1” line of the mat for guidance. Fill an area no larger than 5” wide.
- Remove the blade and insert the Cri-kit pen holder.
- Send the design to the cutter. It will draw your border. Using a paper trimmer, trim the sketch strip to 2" x 5.5". There will be a 1/2 inch border either side of the design. Trim length to fit card.
- Ink edges.
- Cut the background piece 4 x 5.25” Ink the edges for depth. Emboss with Cuttlebug.
- Cut a basic tag 1 x 2.” Ink the edges and stamp with sentiment.
3. Generate those gems!
- Fold card base half: 4.25 x 5.5.
- Glue ribbon to background, crossing at upper center. Glue background to card base.
- Add border to lower edge of card.
- Pop dot larger glittered embellishment to left side of card.
- Tie tag to ribbon with bow where ribbons form the “x”. Pop dot to secure.